Coronavirus Updates for Our School
|March 27, 2020||more info here.|
|March 26, 2020||
Join us also on facebook for school updates
|March 26, 2020||
Parent or caregiver who needs child careIf you are a parent or caregiver who needs child care, please complete this parent need for child care survey. Based on the information you provide about your job, employer, number of children, and financial need, OCFS may be able to help you find the child program you need. It may be a challenge to find child care due to COVID-19 related program closures, however the staff at OCFS are trying their best to support families to find the high quality child care that they need.
|March 23, 2020||
Local Resources for Food
|March, 23, 2020||
From Governor Cuomo
To help support the State's response New Yorkers can get involved here:
|March, 20, 2020||
FREE ONLINE BOOKS FOR OUR STUDENTS
Renaissance is pleased to offer free access to myON digital reading resources for students and families during the current COVID-19 school closures.
Students who are not already reading with their own personalized accounts to the myON literacy environment are welcome to log in through a single, shared account, to access this collection of curated resources.
• The myON digital library—which includes thousands of authentic digital books, fiction and nonfiction, covering a variety of topics and themes
• Five daily myON News articles—which are written for students by journalists and reviewed by a child psychologist for age appropriateness
These resources are available 24/7 and can be accessed on any digital device that is connected to the Internet. Books from the myON digital library can be downloaded onto mobile devices for offline reading, as well.
How to log into myON:
1. Go to: www.myon.com
2. Click the login button at the top of the screen
3. Enter the following information on the login page
School name: New York Reads
(begin typing and click on the school from the drop-down menu)
Resources to share with students and families:
• What is myON? - provides more information about these resources-
• Welcome to myON video - provides step-by-step instructions for logging in and reading with myON -
• Offline reading tip sheet - provides instructions for accessing, setting up, and reading offline using free myON mobile apps- https://p.widencdn.net/g
• Reading myON books offline video - offers step-by-step instructions for selecting and using the appropriate myON mobile app- https://p.widencdn.net/mx
• At-home family reading activities - provides suggestions for supporting and sharing in your students’ reading experiences- https://p.widencd
|March 20, 2020||We will continue our delivery of food Monday through Friday, beginning
March 23, 2020. Continue to check our website for updates and community resources.
|March 20, 2020||
CHROMEBOOK UPDATE FOR GRADES 5 - 12Students in Grades 5 -12 still in need of a Chromebook, please
email or have someone email for you, and send to
Mrs. Nicole Rice at
|March 20, 2020|
March 19, 2020
CHROMEBOOK UPDATE FOR GRADES 5 & 6
For students in grades 5th & 6th, you may come to school with an adult family member tomorrow, Friday, March 20 between 9:00 and 11:00 am to pick up a Chromebook to use for school work. If you are a household of two students and your older sibling already has a Chromebook at home, then please share the one you already have. If three or more students in grades 5 - 12 are in the same household then stop by. Please use the Visitor Center Entrance.
|March 18, 2020||
Cortland County Schools Student Meal Distribution Plan
|March 17, 2020||On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, when students come for materials, they will be able to pick up a student lunch for Wednesday and a breakfast for Thursday to take home.|
|March 17, 2020
Cortland County Mobile Crisis 607-756-3771
Family Counseling Services 607-753-0234
Cortland County Mental Health 607-758-6100
Cortland Regional Medical Center 607-756-3500
Suicide Prevention & Crisis Service Crisis Line 607-272-1616
National Suicide Hotline
|March 16, 2020||All school events are cancelled effective today through Monday, April 13, 2020.
Classes will resume on Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
|March 16, 2020|